"Oh this is not good."

I got that sick feeling in my stomach, turned to my friend Jonathan and said "Oh this is not good."
The following is the retracing of the moments right before those words slipped out of my mouth:
I watched her take her shirt off, only to reveal a pin-striped shirt underneath- a referee.
Before that she sat down to put on her basketball shoes.
Before that she walked into the gym.
Before that I was relieved because I didn't think I would have to see her again.
Before that I thought, "People like you."?
Before that she said to me as I got out of the car, "Excuse me sir- I thought you would have seen my blinker. I had my blinker on the entire time. I thought you were going to run me off the road!" I tried to be apologetic and polite. But she kept on. And I kept nodding and listening. "You were driving dangerously. You need to slow down. We are both trying to get to the same place- I don't understand people like you."
Before that she rolled down her window in the parking lot.
Before that I got really nervous.
Before that I saw her pull up in the parking lot.
Before that I got out of my car.
Before that I tried to lose her behind me because I realized I had just probably really ticked someone off.
Before that I saw the SUV turn right- right behind me.
Before that I passed the SUV.
Before that I thought that the person in front of me must be lost.
Before that I was wondering what the car in front of me was doing. It had it's right blinker on, but was not in the turning lane.
Before that I noticed that it was going really really slow. I began to think that this person must either be really old or must be really lost.
Before that I exited off of the Highway within the flow of traffic. I am not a tailgater- I am a good driver.
Before that I was in a hurry. I had to be there before tip-off for our basketball game.

In a nutshell: I accidentally ticked off a lady in traffic. She followed me to tell me about it. I tried to play a basketball game and forget about it. She wouldn't let me forget about it, because she was refereeing our game. Like I said, "Oh this is not good."

2 comments:

Rob said...

Only to you could this happen. Too funny! Like laugh out loud, should be in a sitcom funny.

Waiting said...

It was hilarious. I thought about changing the way I looked so she wouldn't recognize me, but I couldn't. I decided to come off the bench hoping that she would forget about it. She didn't. I could tell when I tried to pick up a charge on a fast break and this 6'11'' guy dunked on me BIG TIME and as I was laying on the court hearing everyone in the gym laughing (including my own team) I looked up at the ref and she was smiling. It was the smile of sweet justice.