What i hope to say when i get to Heaven.

I wonder if the gospel in America is more of a "get your ticket to heaven!" gospel presentation. There is a difference between asking for a forgiver-of-sins to forgive you of your sins so you can go to heaven and recognizing that Jesus Christ is not only your Forgiver, but also your (and everyone else's) only hope, your only passion, your refiner, your prize and treasure, the One who will restore the image of God that sin shattered, and the One who will do away with sin, pain, and death forever. When I get to heaven, I don't want to look around and say "I am so glad I made it here." I want to get there and say, "I am so glad HE is here. I want to see Him. I will go to Him now. He is everything I have longed for and I must have Him."
What is He to you? See Jesus turn to you and say, "But what about you? Who do you say that I am?"

0 comments: