What I want

I want to treasure Christ above everything else in my life. The reason is so the world will see how beautiful God is. I haven't posted in a while, so I felt it was necessary to blog today. God has been dealing with me by asking me this question: "What have you done with the life I have given you?" I am not guaranteed tomorrow. I just found out that a friend of mine in Florida was killed in a car wreck last night. Events like that force you to place things into perspective. I am pressed by the question once again, "Did you make your life count, Kyle?" I have wasted too much of my life treasuring things that will not last. May Christ be everything to me.
"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish that I may gain Christ." -the apostle Paul, Philippians 3:8

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry about your friend! Was this one of your youth? You know we love you Kyle and will pray for your friend's family and for you and Jessica as you deal with this awful truth.

Waiting said...

Hey Kelli,
George was the father of one of our students. His son Stephen, was in the 6th grade when we were there. He is now in the 8th grade. Stephen was adopted when he was 4 years old. George adored his son and wife, Sandy. He was very protective of Jess and I in Florida, and at times, he took some heat for it. A good friend. Thank you for you prayers. I love you and your family too. You guys are wonderful, life-long friends.