Rain

I have experienced many beautiful years in life, but this 2007 brought some rain. The forecast this week: cloudy, cold and drizzly. My good friend George Thorne was killed in a car wreck on December 5, 2007. I will miss him dearly. I am sitting in the airport in Charlotte awaiting my connecting flight home from the funeral. I have one more funeral to attend this week. I received the text message from my mom today that my close friend and grandfather figure, Earl Baker, passed away at 1:30 this morning. We were all expecting it. He was diagnosed with brain cancer over 3 years ago. He was a good man. This kind of pain is new to me. I have never experienced pain like the pain I have had over the last few months. But better days are ahead. To steal the words of my good friend George, "Live independent of your circumstances." And even better, "God is good. He told me so. I believe it." I believe it too.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Kyle,

I am so sorry for the rain. I believe it to - God is Good! I am praying for you and your precious wife.

Love you guys! Sarah