The Rescuer

"Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice. He saw that there was no one, he was apalled that there was no one to intervene; so his own arm worked salvation for him, and his own righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak."
Isaiah 59:15-17

Isaiah 58 is one of my favorite passages in all of Scripture. But Isaiah 59 must be one of the most beautiful and most emotional pieces that I have read. The imagery, the language, the picture that is painted- it's beautiful. The beauty of it alone helps me to love God's Word even more! Take some time to read chapters 58-59. God has communicated beautiful truth to us through this beautiful piece of work. I ran into a professor of mine (from Southwestern) this morning at America's Best Coffee and through our conversation he reminded me of how important the medium is by which a message is communicated. Some times, it seems, the message shouts just as loud through the form of it than through the truth that's in it. Certainly the truth that is Isaiah 59 can never be topped in beauty and significance, but the way that it is communicated is almost as beautiful. I love this passage. It, in every way, brings me hope. I know it will do the same for you.

0 comments: